VOLUNTEERING WITH SPRING FIRE DEPARTMENT
When you volunteer with Spring Fire Department, you get the training and guidance you need to keep the community and yourself safe.
- High School Diploma or GED (if still in school, grades must be kept above 75%)
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Completed Physical – click here to download the physical form email it to HR@springfd.org
- Attendance of at least 1 Information session
Recruit Academy Prerequisites:
No Information at this time.
- Knowledge Portion:
- 8 weeks at your own pace with mandatory minimums to be met
- Weekly classes on Tuesday evenings to review course material
- Skills Portion:
- 12 weeks of skill work
- Tuesday evenings and Saturdays
Attain State Firefighter’s and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA) Firefighter 1 certification by passing written exams
Benefits of volunteering
When you volunteer with Spring Fire Department, you become part of something bigger than yourself.
Become part of a team that becomes your family and gives you opportunities most never receive including serving the citizens of our great community.
- Comprehensive training resulting in a Firefighter 1 certification from the State Firefighter’s and Fire Marshals’ Association
- Incentive allowance per shift volunteered
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement for some Fire and EMS related certifications
- Eligibility to receive lifetime retirement pay after age 55 with over 10 years of qualified service through the Texas Emergency Services Retirement System
- Department provided on-duty and off-duty life insurance; accident insurance; disability benefits
- Opportunity to make lifelong friends and become part of the fire service brotherhood/sisterhood
- An excellent path to a full-time or part-time career position in the fire service
are you ready to volunteer?
We are not currently accepting applications for volunteers please check back periodically.